Austral and Monier Bricks Get 100-Year Warranty
Construction materials have caused much consternation in New Zealand in the past few years.
1 May 2022
But there’s a new offering that will smooth the brows of architects and their clients: a 100-year warranty on Austral and Monier bricks.
The Brickery’s Kerry Heard says the warranty will apply to all Austral and Monier bricks they distribute throughout the country.
“Big respected residential home builders have already turned to brick as their clients, having seen this country’s leaky home debacle, ask for their homes to be durable and with easy maintenance,” Heard says.
The modern clay brick has its origins in the Middle East more than 9000 years ago. Historic homes and commercial and industrial buildings have provided testament to the longevity of bricks for construction.
“What’s more when old brick buildings are torn down for the construction of a new place, those bricks are still valuable and are reused in a variety of ways,” Heard says. “Our joint venture partners, Brickworks and CSR, are committed to achieving sustainability and bricks will remain at the forefront of designing for a future proofed environment.”
10 reasons why Bricks are the right building product:
1. Bricks last forever
2. Bricks can be reused or recycled
3. Bricks are maintenance free, they don’t fade, rot or rust
4. Bricks are fireproof, unlike glass & fibre cement that shatter and fail
5. Bricks are known for their outstanding durability and colourfastness
6. Bricks are a thermal battery keeping your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter
7. Brick homes are more energy efficient than those constructed with lightweight materials
8. Bricks have excellent sound reducing qualities
9. Bricks are the natural healthy choice as they breathe and allow moisture to escape. Bricks emit no VOC’s
10.100 Year Warranty on Austral and Monier bricks at The Brickery
For more information contact:
NZ Brick Distributors (trading as The Brickery)
Mob: +64 21 242 0742